ICAMPAM 2024 Call for Abstracts
The International Society for Measurement of Physical Behaviour is delighted to announce its call for abstracts to be considered for the 2024 ICAMPAM Conference. The conference will be held in-person from June 18 – 21, 2024 in Rennes, France.
ICAMPAM brings together leading researchers and clinicians from around the world for discussion and exchange of the most cutting-edge knowledge, insights, issues and ideas. The conference draws leading scientists and clinicians from all areas of physical behaviour research from over 40 countries worldwide, including human movement scientists, signal analysis experts, health scientists, technologists, neuroscientists, biomechanists, and data scientists. Clinicians and therapists with a wide range of expertise also attend including neurologists, neurophysiologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, gerontologists, rehabilitation specialists and physical and occupational therapists.
HOW TO SUBMIT
All abstracts will be blind-reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
- ISMPB and ICAMPAM use an electronic process for abstract submission for all submissions
- Please note there is a $25USD charge for each submission with a maximum of 2 per submitter in the oral/poster category and 1 in each of the workshop and symposia categories.
- Student abstracts will be considered for student awards unless indicated otherwise
- All submissions must be written in English and submitted in plain text.
- Workshop and Symposia organizers and presenters must be current members of ISMPB and register to attend ICAMPAM 2024
Three submission options/categories:
Oral and Poster abstract submissions
- All submissions will be considered for an oral presentation, unless the submitter opts out in the submission form by selecting only Poster.
- Oral presentations are 10 minutes long followed by a 5-minute Q & A
- Symposia will focus on a specific theme and will be followed by a moderated discussion. A symposia session will have between 3 and 4 presentations by different speakers that address the central theme. Symposia will be 90 minutes in length.
- Pre-conference workshops are designed for a smaller number of participants, and should involve interactive features (e.g. data analysis, open discussion, demonstrations) having a high degree of participant involvement. Workshops will be either 90 or 180 minutes in length.
The author that plans to present the work in person during the conference. Presenting authors must be the first author on the submitted abstract.
Additional authors contributing to the presented work, that would not be presenting during the conference.
important SUBMISSION AND REVIEW dates
Submissions close at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (PT; UTC-7) on the closing dates noted below.
|November 2023||Submissions open for all formats|
|Monday, Dec 18, 2023||Workshops & symposia submissions close|
|Monday, Jan 15, 2024||Orals & poster submission close|
|Mid-January, 2024||Workshop & symposia acceptance notices sent out|
|Mid-February, 2024||Oral & poster acceptance notices sent out|
REGISTRATION KEY DATES:
December 18, 2023: Registration opens for ICAMPAM 2024
April 2024: Registration rates increase to Regular Rates
May 2024: Registration rates increase to Final Rates
Submission Review Process
Abstracts will be evaluated based on scholarly merit with a double-blind peer review process by our Abstract Review Board. We will notify of acceptance or rejection of abstracts via e-mail to the submitting author during the schedule outlined above in the key dates area.
Scientific Tracks and Related Themes
During the submission process, submitters are asked to identify which track(s)/theme(s) best suit their submission. The three main scientific tracks and related themes (example sub-themes given) are as follows:
Technology & Algorithm Development
- Algorithm development
- Digital outcomes (e.g., of mobility)
- Hardware Development
Big Data & Statistical Analysis
- 24 hour measurement approaches
- Big Data
- Compositional and isotemporal analyses
- Functional data analysis
- Machine learning/Data mining
- Multi-modal assessment (e.g., GPS, heart rate, biosensors, questionnaire, sensor locations)
- Longitudinal and continuous measurement
- Contextual based measurement (e.g., EMA)
- Clinical populations (evaluation or treatment, for example, in neurological disorders, such as Parkinsons disease, Alzheimer, post-stroke.; chronic metabolic disorders; diabetes, CHF, COPD, osteoarthritis, etc.; musculoskeletal disorders, COVID-19)
- Future perspectives (for example, prediction of health events, empowering users/patients, adherence, self-management)
- Physical activity and population surveillance
- Public health
- Sedentary behavior
- Specific populations (e.g., aging, children, diverse world regions)
- Work/Circadian rhythm
- Sustainability (e.g., digital devices and sustainability, health, physical behavior and sustainable development)
- Omic sciences, physical activity and health
- Nutrition, physical activity and health
The ICAMPAM Scientific Committee invites submission of research abstracts for its 2024 Conference.
Monday, January 15, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time
Notice of Acceptance
Symposia offer a unique opportunity to showcase the work of yourself and that of your colleagues, into one complete story. Symposia can be used to present conclusive evidence of a series of studies or to provoke discussion in areas where more work is required. There are no rules related to content, other than that the submissions have to be of high-quality and relevant to ICAMPAM delegates.
Monday, December 18, 2023
Notice of acceptance
Pre-conference Workshops are different from symposia and oral scientific presentations. The workshops provide a teaching opportunity, allowing participants to acquire or extend their skills, learn about new techniques or technologies, or gain in-depth knowledge in a particular topic related to the measurement of physical behaviour.
Monday, December 18, 2023
Notice of Acceptance