Membership in ISMPB is open to everyone from around the world involved in the measurement of free-living physical behaviour.
Membership fees support the mission of ISMPB in creating a vibrant community. The society brings together people from a wide variety of backgrounds and expertise, including researchers, clinicians, therapists, signal analysts, machine learning experts, data scientists and commercial companies.
Click here to go to the Member Area.
All Member Benefits
- Reduced registration rates at official meetings organized by ISMPB, including the biannual ICAMPAM
- Access to online subscription to the Journal for the Measurement of Physical Behaviour, the official journal of ISMPB, published quarterly by Human Kinetics
- Receive 50% discount in publishing Open Access at the Society’s official journal – JMPB
- Join one of the ISMPB Committees and get directly involved in the activities of the society
- Vote on Society matters and elections
- Join colleagues from all over the world at the ISMPB meetings and create a global network
- Receive a quarterly e-newsletter with most important information from the Society
- Special ISMPB Member benefits with the affiliated journal Sensors
Additional Benefits for Early Career Researchers:
- Opportunity to work in close collaboration with senior research members by taking part in scientific activities related to ICAMPAM (e.g. co-chairing oral session presentations during ICAMPAM)
- Opportunity to connect informally with other early career researchers during the exclusive ECR social events during the Society meetings
Additional Benefits for Senior Research Staff:
- Free posting of job and grant opportunities in the Job Board of the ISMPB website, as well as dissemination in all communication channels (newsletter and social media)
- Unsurpassed networking opportunities at ICAMPAM and other ISMPB events.
Additional Benefits for Clinicians, Therapists, & Policy Makers:
- Networking opportunities with a range of experts in the physical behaviour monitoring and surveillance techniques
Specific clinical focused problems session at ICAMPAM and other ISMPB events
- Direct access to industry sponsors
- Help determine and shape the future direction of physical behaviour monitoring techniques.
Additional Benefits for Students:
- Eligible for student awards at the Society Meetings (best oral and best poster presentations)
- Meet and exchange ideas with senior researchers
Additional Benefits for Industry Members:
- Up-to-date with current needs from clinical practice
Regular / Post Doc Members
Open to any person who is engaged in research related to areas of interest of the Society.
Open to any student enrolled in degree granting programs at institutions of higher education
|Regular / Post Doc||$175|
*All membership dues are payable in $US.
We accept Visa and MasterCard for member dues payments.
Membership renewals are now open. The current ISMPB membership term expires September 30, 2024.
ISMPB has migrated to an updated Membership software, therefore your renewal process will be a little different this year.
If you are a current member of ISMPB, please click the button below, on the landing page select the “Forgot Password” link under the “Forgot Password” heading. Enter your current email related to your membership account, and you will be sent an email with instructions to reset your password. Once you have created your new password, you can log-in to your Conference Manager Dashboard. In the future, these credentials will also be required for submitting abstracts and registering for events and conferences.
The center tile of the dashboard will say Membership Enrollment – click the link that says, “Enroll Now”. Once you select the appropriate membership type, you will have the option to pay online with a VISA or Mastercard credit card, via our secure payment processer.
If you are not a current member, please click the button below and create an account. On the landing page, select “create user profile” under the New User heading. After you create your account, you will use your email, and new password to log into the system. In the future, these credentials will also be required for submitting abstracts and registering for events and conferences.
Once you have created your account, or logged in, you will be taken to your account dashboard. The center tile of the dashboard will say Membership Enrollment – click the link that says, “Enroll Now”. Once you select the appropriate membership type, you will have the option to pay online with a VISA or Mastercard credit card via our secure payment processer.
The current ISMPB membership term expires September 30, 2024.