The ICAMPAM Scientific Committee invites submission of research abstracts for its 2019 annual Conference. Symposia offer a unique opportunity to showcase the work of yourself and that of your colleagues, into one complete story.
Symposia can be used to present conclusive evidence of a series of studies or to provoke discussion on areas where more work is required. There are no rules related to content, other than that the submissions have to be of high-quality and relevant to ICAMPAM delegates.
All symposia are selected by the Scientific Program Committee with priority given to:
- topics that address novel or contentious issues
- bridge between basic and clinical fields
- include a diverse range of speakers that bring unique approaches or perspectives to the topic
- encourage in-depth discussion and debate between presenters and the audience
- Student-led Symposia are also encouraged
Successful submissions will be informed of their inclusion in the ICAMPAM 2019 program in late-December.
Please note: we cannot provide any support for travel or other expenses for symposia speakers or organisers.
Symposia sessions will include presentations by 3 (minimum) or 4 (maximum) individual speakers that offer unique perspectives on a specific central theme, followed by a moderated, interactive scientific exchange involving the audience. The symposium session should not exceed 1 hour and allow for sufficient time for the moderated discussion.
Please note: If accepted, each symposia presenter will be required to submit an individual abstract for their presentation by the general submission deadline of January 26, 2019.
Symposia Submission Guidelines
To submit a proposal, please read and adhere to the submission guidelines below:
- Prepare to enter the contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address for each of the symposia presenters. Please note: all symposium presenters must be ISMPB members in good standing
- Prepare a symposium title (max 225 character limit including spaces – approximately 40 words)
- Please note there is a charge of $25USD for each submission with a maximum submission of 2 per submitter
Required Submission Questions
- Include the name and affiliation of your symposium Chair.
- Provide a brief description of the topic, and justify why the proposed topic is novel, contentious, or highly relevant for discussion. 1800 characters including spaces maximum (approx. 300 words)
- Provide a brief description of how each speaker will offer a unique approach/perspective to the proposed topic. 600 characters including spaces max (approx. 100 words) per speaker. Please include each speaker name
(If accepted, each symposia presenter will be required to submit an individual abstract for their presentation by the general submission deadline of January 26, 20198)
- Provide a brief outline of the proposed format for a moderated, interactive scientific exchange with the audience, which follows on from the individual presentations. 1800 characters including spaces maximum (approx. 300 words)
- Indicate who will be the moderator of this exchange
- Within the 1-hour symposium, you will be required to indicate how much time will be used for the Symposium introduction, individual speaker presentations, and moderated, interactive scientific exchange
General abstract Summary
- Prepare a general abstract summary of the proposed symposium (max 3000 character limit including spaces- approximately 500 words). If selected, this summary will be included in the Congress proceedings. Note: speakers included in successful proposals, will be invited to submit individual abstracts for their specific presentations within the symposium by no later than January 26, 2019