Individual abstract submission guidelines
Virtual ICAMPAM 2021
Physical Behaviour Monitoring Research during the COVID-19 Era
The ICAMPAM Scientific Committee invites submission of research abstracts for its 2021 first Virtual Conference. All submissions will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
Measurement of physical behaviour encompasses all human behaviours over the day including active, sedentary and sleep time. Abstracts are sought that address measurement of any or all of these human behaviours in the following themes:
- Clinical populations (neurological disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer, etc.; chronic metabolic disorders; Diabetes, CHF, COPD, Osteoarthritis, etc.; musculoskeletal disorders; etc.)
- Specific populations (aging, children, diverse world regions)
- Public Health
- Healthy Environments
- Work/Circadian rhythm
- Future perspectives (for example, prediction of health events, empowering users/patients)
Technology & Algorithm Development
- Hardware Development
- Algorithm development
- User centred design
- Future perspectives (for example, Internet of Things, Smart Homes, etc.)
Measurement & Analysis
- Big data
- Machine learning/Data mining
- Multi-modal assessment
- Monitoring during COVID-19
- FAIR principles
- Future perspectives (for example, AI)
How to Submit
All abstracts will be blind-reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Please note there is no fee associated with abstract submission and there is a maximum submission number of 2 per submitter. Submissions will close on April 2, 2021.
All accepted submissions will be presented as a virtual poster booth in the virtual platform, Whova. This requires a short 2-3min video presentation of your poster. Your poster will be available throughout the conference for attendees to visit, review and submit any questions. You will also be assigned a poster time to be “live” in your virtual booth to answer questions.
All abstracts of presented posters will be published in a special issue of our official journal, The Journal for the Measurement of Physical Behaviour.
Abstract submissions open – January 25, 2021
Abstract submissions close – April 2, 2021
Submission deadlines are 23:59 Central Daylight Time on the indicated submission date.
IMPORTANT: Confirmations of accepted abstracts will be issued mid-May. If you have not received a confirmation email from us by May 30, please Contact Us
When submitting an abstract for ICAMPAM, please refer to the Abstract Submission Guidelines below.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Select a theme that most closely aligns with your submission.
- Enter your contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address (please note authors may specify only one affiliation).
- Enter all corresponding authors in the order they should appear in the program. Please note: author information will appear in the conference program exactly as it is entered into the submission software!
- Prepare an abstract title (Max 225 characters).
- The abstract must be structured by Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion. Abstracts should emphasize the significance of results and general principles over description of common methods and procedures.
- Abstract length is Max 2000 characters.
- By submitting an abstract, you agree to present it at the Virtual ICAMPAM, should your abstract be selected for the program.
- Abstracts should not report findings that will be published elsewhere prior to the meeting, although presentation of the work at a recent meeting (e.g., within a year) of another society is acceptable.
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure. Other abbreviations should be fully spelled out on first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.