Individual abstract submission
The ICAMPAM Scientific Committee invites submission of research abstracts for its 2019 annual Conference. All submissions will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
The three main scientific tracks and related themes (example sub-themes given) are as follows:
Technology and Algorithm Development
- Device Development and Validation
- Research based devices
- Consumer devices
- Mobile health technology
- Algorithm development
- Classification of activity types
- Interpretation of continuous metrics
- Harmonization of methods
- Machine learning and data science approaches
- Feature extraction and representations
- Classification techniques
- Modeling of large and heterogeneous datasets
Measurement & Analysis
- Sleep Research
- Measurement for interventions
- Circadian disruptions and factors
- 24-Hour Activity Cycle
- Measurement and analysis
- Consumer Devices
- Reliability and validity
- Research Devices
- Analytical Approaches
- Performance analysis
- Common metrics for proper analysis
- Comparison to individual behavior monitoring
- Clinical Applications
- Real-World Applications (site-specific)
- Special Populations
- Individuals with disabilities or conditions
- Youth (especially, infancy – toddlers)
- Use of Consumer Devices in Research
- Sedentary behavior
- Multimodal Assessment
- EMA plus sensors
- GPS plus accelerometer
- Image integration
How to Submit
All abstracts will be blind-reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
To submit an abstract, you much be a member of ISMPB. Click here to renew your membership or become a member. Please note there is a charge of $25USD for each submission with a maximum submission of 2 per submitter. Submissions will be open until the January 26th, 2019.
All submissions will be considered for an oral presentation, unless the submitter opts out. Oral presentations are 10 minutes long, followed by a 5-minute Q&A.
Abstract submissions open – October 26, 2018
Abstract submissions close – January 26, 2019
Submission deadlines are 23:59 Central Daylight Time on the indicated submission date.
IMPORTANT: Confirmations of accepted abstracts will be issued in late March. If you have not received a confirmation email from us by March 31st, please Contact Us
Abstract Submission Guidelines
When submitting an abstract for ICAMPAM, please refer to the Abstract Submission Guidelines below.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Ensure your membership is in good standing.
- Select a theme that most closely aligns with your submission.
- Enter your contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address (please note authors may specify only one affiliation).
- Enter all corresponding authors in the order they should appear in the program. Please note: author information will appear in the conference program exactly as it is entered into the submission software!
- Prepare an abstract title (max 225 character limit).
- Prepare the abstract (max 2000 character limit).
- By submitting an abstract, you agree to present at ICAMPAM, should your abstract be selected for the program.
- Abstracts should not report findings that will be published elsewhere prior to the meeting, although presentation of the work at a recent meeting (e.g., within a year) of another society is acceptable.
- The abstract should state the study’s objective, methods, results, and conclusions. Abstracts should emphasize the significance of results and general principles over description of common methods and procedures.
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure. Other abbreviations should be fully spelled out on first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
Abstracts should be submitted in plain text and they will be formatted for the program.